Thank you for your interest in the MEM degree. We look forward to receiving your application.
Here are the six steps toward applying to join our exciting programme:
Make sure you meet the admission requirements
- An NQF Level 8 qualification, such as a BEng or a BSc (Hons) degree in any discipline from a South African university, or a B.Eng.Tech(Hons) degree from a South African university of technology (or the international equivalents). At least one year (but preferably more) relevant work experience… as well as the drive to achieve, the will to succeed and the ambition to shape the future. A limited number of students with other qualifications can also be considered under the University’s Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) regulations.
- If you have questions about these, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Get in touch with us through the contact form
- Please get in touch with us to register your interest in the programme, by filling in and sending the form on the Contact page.
Please attend one of our virtual open days
- Following attendance of our virtual open day, you are also welcome to have a virtual discussion with one of our professors. This is where you can find out even more about the programme and have your personal questions answered.
- Pursuant to the discussion we will encourage you to formally apply to the University for admittance to the MEng(Engineering Management)(Structured) degree.
We will guide you through the online applications process and use your admissions materials to consider your application and admission
Once the application process opens, we will then send you a message and a document to guide you through the formal University online application process. As part of the online application, you will also be required to upload certified copies of your previous degree certificates (if applicable) and academic records, as well as a CV, a letter of motivation and an optional recommendation from your employer. The motivation letter should not be longer than a page or so, and should state your expectations of the programme and what you think the benefits for you and your employers will be, as well as your commitment to complete the programme if admitted. We will use the materials you include in your application to consider your application. Please note that the class size is limited, hence please submit your application for 2023 as soon as possible.
The University will send you a notification to let you know if your application has been successful
Upon completion of the application and admisssion process, you will receive confirmation from the University if your formal application has been successful. We will also contact you to welcome you to the 2023 MEM programme.
Following the formal notification from the University, we will then send you more information regarding the schedule for 2023 and other materials
- Finally, we will then send you the joining instructions, details about the schedule for 2023 and required pre-readings and assignments.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the application process.
Applications for admission to the hybrid online Masters Degree in Engineering Management for the 2023 intake are closed.
Application dates for the 2024 intake will be published soon.
Note that the number of students is limited, hence it is advisable to apply as soon as possible.